"Freedom From Want" by Norman Rockwell

Mar 22, 2015

Greek Chicken Pizza, without the crust

Last night I "invented" dinner from things that were in the refrigerator. My husband, Jay, called it, "Greek Pizza, but without the crust". That was were I was going with it, so I was delighted that he thought that it was perfect. He has requestd it again, soon.


In each baking dish, I layered:

1 chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
Marinated artichokes, cut up
Kalamata olives, cut in half
Feta cheese
Tomatoes, cut in half

I filled each baking dish to my desired amount. Then baked it at 425 degrees for 20 minutes, to heat it through.

I served the meal by scooping the baked chicken mixture onto a bed of raw spinach and raw chopped onions, drizzled with a light basalmic vinigrette. The juices from the chicken mixture added extra flavoring to the vinigrette. The spinach and onion "cooked" a little from the heat of the chicken mixture. It turned out really great! Delicious even!

Recipe shared by Robin.